“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” -Proverbs 22:6
Desert Christian Fellowship is dedicated to fulfilling the teaching of God that “we train up a child in the way of the Lord.” Our children’s programs are carefully designed to give each child an opportunity to grow and develop in the Lord.
Summer Church Camp Dates are set! Your $50 Deposit to hold you space for next Summer is due by Dec. 1, 2018. Our week to attend is Thhurs. July 25 — Mon. July 29 and the cost is $319 per child. Once your deposit is paid, the Church will place a matching $50 into your child’s account. See Pastor Kathy for registration materials.
Fall Events Are Here
- All DCF children and friends in Grades 1 thru 5 are welcome for the overnighter
- Cost is noted below and includes dinner, breakfast admission to activity and games for the night.
- Bring toiletries, sleeping bag/blankets and pillow, change of clothes and sleeping clothes.
- Please do not bring toys/games from home including cell phones video games nor music players.
- We meet at DCF at 5 pm on Friday night and should be picked up Satuday morning by 9 am. Sign ups are needed to attend.
- Friday November 30/Saturday December 1 — “special Event — Pump It Up”
Children’s Choir Hour — Sundays at 9:45 am
Your child can be a part of this great music and drama time as they learn how to worship the Lord in their own way!
Winter Break Day Trips
Friday Dec. 28, 2018 — Trip to the World Wildlife Zoo and Aquarium. Gr. 1-5 only
Friday Jan. 4 2019 — Trip to Castles and Coasters for the day. Gr. 1-5 only
**Both trips are from 9 am to 4 pm. The cost is $20 for each child per trip. A sack lunch is needed and spaces are limited, so sign up early.
Christmas Pageant Choirs:
Practices have begun on Sunday mornings during the 9:45 am hour as we participate again this year in the All Church Christmas Pageant.
Practices are on Sunday mornings during the 9:45 am hour as we participate again this year in the All Church Christmas Pageant on Sunday Dec. 9 @6 pm. Mark your calendar & join us for a delightful night!
Watch for details for both choir and drama parts and see Erika Hayes or LeAnn Dixon if your child has a special interest.
If your child has expressed an interest in baptism, please see Pastor Kathy or LeAnn dixon and we will assist you in setting the time and service for this special event in your family’s Christian walk.