S.L.T. Ministries… Seniors Living Triumphantly
We are a group of senior men and women celebrating our Christian Faith. A Group where “Everybody Is Somebody”.
Our Theme Verse Is: “Ye are the salt of the earth” -Matthew 5:13a
As Christians, we are called the salt of the earth because our lives enhance and give meaning to life. As Seniors we strive to live as pure a life as possible so that we can maximize our ability to “flavor” or bless others in our world.All Pages
Our Motto is: “Where faith and adventure meet and life is always happening!”
Our Purpose is: To exalt the Lord and lead others to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our Goal is: “To establish a strong, healthy, Senior Community of Faith.” Helping Seniors connect. Sharing and Serving together. Meeting each other’s needs. “Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ”.
Bible Studies led by our own Maxine Davis ever Thursday except the second Thursday of the month when the Seniors have their monthly potluck.
October — December 2018
Monthly Potlucks — Thursdays at noon, Fellowship Center
- Plan to bring a dish to share as we fellowship together! Also remember we will have a prize for each new person who comes (anyone who has not been to a potluck in 2018) and you can win a prize as well if you bring a new friend with you — so invite away!
- October 11 join us as our DCF resident nutritionist, Susan Pickering, will lead a class on “Healthy Eating Out Tips.” come learn some simple tools for choosing your foods while still enjoying times of fun and fellowship outside your home.
- November 8 join lus as Julie Brandt and Kathleen Laurier will share about ministries and programs at DCF and in community concerning veterans. Come help us support our troops and those retired from their military service.
- December 13 is our time to party!!! It’s Christmas so let’s celebrate our Savior’s birth! Come sing carols, play holiday Bingo, win prizes and share laughter and holiday fun with other Seniors.
Watch for details as well on our quarterly outings being planned by Connie Elting. Have a suggestion? Let her know!
Seniors Concert Series at DCF
Old-Fashioned Hymn Sing-A-Long— Sunday, October 7 @ 5 PM
- Ponder on your favorite old hymns and bring those names to this special night for singing and celebration our old favorites. We have a special guest pianist for the night and she will take your list of favorites for us to sing and share!! Seet treats and cool drinks will round out our night together. Invite anouther senior to come and praise the Lord along with us!
All Church Christmas Dinner and Musical Concert — Sunday, December 16 @ 5 pm
- This annual all church catered dinner night will include holiday and harmony- music by “Chordially Yours,” a women’s barbershop group as well as a devotion and entertainment by your DCF staff. Presale of tickets will begin in November so watch for more details in your Sunday bulletins.
Homecoming Gospel Night — Sunday, May 5, 2019
- Our annual favorite night of gospel-style music will return as both outside and DCF musicians share their gospel music with us in voice and on their instruments. Gus Voglesany will host the night and we seniors will provide our traditional donut holes and hot drinks for a fellowship time following the program.