S.L.T. Ministries… Seniors Living Triumphantly
We are a group of senior men and women celebrating our Christian Faith. A Group where “Everybody Is Somebody”.
Our Theme Verse Is: “Ye are the salt of the earth” -Matthew 5:13a
As Christians, we are called the salt of the earth because our lives enhance and give meaning to life. As Seniors we strive to live as pure a life as possible so that we can maximize our ability to “flavor” or bless others in our world.
Our Motto is: “Where faith and adventure meet and life is always happening!”
Our Purpose is: To exalt the Lord and lead others to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our Goal is: “To establish a strong, healthy, Senior Community of Faith.” Helping Seniors connect. Sharing and Serving together. Meeting each other’s needs. “Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ”.
Bible Studies led by our own Maxine Davis ever Thursday except the second Thursday of the month when the Seniors have their monthly potluck.
November — December 2018
Monthly Potlucks — Thursdays at noon, Fellowship Center
- Plan to bring a dish to share as we fellowship together! Also remember we will have a prize for each new person who comes (anyone who has not been to a potluck in 2018) and you can win a prize as well if you bring a new friend with you — so invite away!
- November 8 join us as Julie Brandt and Kathleen Laurier will share about ministries and programs at DCF and in community concerning veterans. Come help us support our troops and those retired from their military service.
- Monday December 3 — Day trip to the Butterfly Wonderland 9:45 — 2:30 pm cost $25
- December 13 is our time to party!!! It’s Christmas so let’s celebrate our Savior’s birth! Come sing carols, play holiday Bingo, win prizes and share laughter and holiday fun with other Seniors.
- Jan. 10 — Join us as our special guest speaker from Duet shares about the ministry of this seniors organization. Duet serves w/grandparents, seniors, elder home care & more.
- It’s Valentine’s Day! Join us as we “Love Our Schools” as we pack “love gifts” for the teachers at Mt. View Elementary. Also we will kick off a 4 month love project with the AZ Reservation Ministry and give away some special Valentines’s prizes.
Watch for details as well on our quarterly outings being planned by Connie Elting. Have a suggestion? Let her know!
Seniors Concert Series at DCF
All Church Christmas Dinner and Musical Concert — Sunday, December 16 @ 5 pm
- This annual all church catered dinner night will include holiday and harmony- music by “Chordially Yours,” a women’s barbershop group as well as a devotion and entertainment by your DCF staff. Presale of tickets will begin in November so watch for more details in your Sunday bulletins.
Blackwood Brother’s Concert — March 17, 2019 @ 6:30 pm
- DCF will host this world renowned Southern Gospel Quartet — How exciting! If you love to clap along & enjoy this style of music, mark you calendar for this great night as the Brothers come to town.
Homecoming Gospel Night — Sunday, May 5, 2019
- Our annual favorite night of gospel-style music will return as both outside and DCF musicians share their gospel music with us in voice and on their instruments. Gus Voglesany will host the night and we seniors will provide our traditional donut holes and hot drinks for a fellowship time following the program.
“Sister Act” at AZ Broadway Dinner Theater –Thursday Aug 15, 2019 at noon
- Join us for this fun-filled musical & dinner matinee. Sign ups needed: Tickets are $65. each.