“And they all were filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.”
The purpose of DCF Singles is to help singles in all stages of life to share and enjoy the personal touch of Jesus thru God’s Word, serving others, social events and personal experiences. Our goal is to become more Godly people, individually and as a community.
Sign ups are on Sundays at the Information Center or during the week by contacting Pastor Kathy at:
- Church Office: 602-861-4008
- PK’s Cell Phone: 602-885-1858
- E-mail: email@example.com
Be sure to sign up so we can plan our transportation and if needed, ticket purchases. Space is limited for some events — sign up early!
Bible Study Hour
Every Sunday morning study & fellowship together in the Fellowship Center at 9:45 am.
During Haney Hall construction, we have combined w/the other Adult Bible Study.
We are doing a study of the 3 Kings: Saul, David and Solomon found in 1 & 2 Samuel and 1 & 2 Kings.
Teacher in November is Pastor Kathy
Teacher in December is David Hayes.
ALL Singles Lunch Out
Dutch Treat – Meet at the restaurant listed at 12:30
- November 4, 2018 Meet at Carlos O’Brien’s (12th Street and Northern)
- November 25, 2018 Meet at Sweet Tomatoes (access road I-17 and Dunlap)
- December 23, 2018 Meet at Angios (28th., North of Cactus)
Singles 55 and Under
Additional Lunch out and get acquainted days
- November 11, 2018 meet at Boston Market (19th Ave/Northern)
- December 30, 2018 Meet at El Pollo Loco (23rd Ave/Northern)
Is your e-mail on file? For weekly e-mail updates contact Pastor Kathy.
Singles Winter Events
- Saturday, November 3 — Time 7:00am singles will hike! Join us at 7am. Singles will hike! Join us at 7am on the 15th Avenue Gravel Lot as Celeste gathers the group to head to Dreamy Draw Park to hike
- Friday, November 2 at 6:00pm Game Night: Join us in the Fellowship Center for a night of snacks, laughter, board games and fun. FREE!
- Sunday, November 18 at 12:30pm — This is “Thankful People Come Offering Day” for all of the DCF Family. Following the services, the Singles will sort the food donations and make 80 Holiday Food Boxes to give away the next weekend. Don’t Miss this annual favorite day as we serve others for Him.
- Thursday, November 22 Thanksgiving Day at Noon — Our Singles group will host (cook, serve and clean up) any seniors, singles or smaller DCF Families for a traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner. Watch for sign ups to eat but also to serve and/or cook, or donate your specialty” for the meal.
- Saturday, December 1 at 7:00am — Hiking Day: See November 3 above for details.
- Sunday, December 2 — AZ dinner Theater “Miracle on 34th Street” Cost is $65, dinner is at 5:30pm, show start at 7:30. We will leave DCF at 5 pm. sign ups and payment needed by November 11.
- Friday, December 21@ 6 pm– Let’s see the lights! One of our favorite Christmas traditions is seeing the many Christmas lights around town. Sign up to join us for a night of touring town to oohs and aahs & music.
- Sunday, December 30 — It’s football time: Let’s watch the Cardinals Game together at 2:00pm at Mary Hayes’s home. Bring snacks for halftime
- Tuesday, January 1 — More football! It’s time for the Rose Bowl Game. Come cheer on your favorite team as we meet at Robyn Gordon’s at 2:30pm. Bring munchies for the game and don’t miss the halftime show — it’s always a favorite
All Church Events
(Stop at the Information Center for more details)
- Saturday, November 10, 9am-12am — Griefshare “Surviving the Holidays”
- Sunday, December 9, 6pm — All Church Christmas Pageant
- Sunday, December 16, 5pm — All Church Catered Christmas Dinner $20 per person) with the Sweet Adelines Concert plus a holiday piano medley by our own Tom Greene
- Monday, December 24 — Christmas Eve Services.
- 6 PM Family Christmas Service
- 10 PM Candlelight Communion Service
Coming in 2019:
AZ Broadway Dinner Theater Events (sing ups available now!) — ticket for Dinner and Show is $65 and is due one month before the show (no refunds).
- Sunday, January 27 “An American in Paris”‘ 5 PM
- Sunday March 24 “Mamma Mia”‘ 5 pm
- A choice of Sunday July 28 at 5 pm or Thursday August 15 at noon “Sister Act”
On DCF Campus Free Concert Nights
- Sunday March 17 “The Blackwood Brothers”, 6:30 pm
- Sunday Mar 5 “DCF’s Homecoming Southern Gospel Concert Night”‘ 5 PM
- DCF Women’s Tea — March 23, Two seating times TBA
Clothes Sorting for UMOM Homeless Shelter
UMOM New Day Center’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness with innovative strategies and housing solutions that meet the unique needs of each family and individual.
One Tuesday a month a DCF from 9am to 11am
In November and December we will NOT be sorting clothes